The University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship is available to African Students studying English. This University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship is open to students from abroad that are residents of African countries who were admitted in the fall 2022 term (September commencement day) or later, with an average of admission of at least 80, and who are studying in English and are enrolled at one of the listed undergraduate programs offered by one of the faculties in Engineering, Science, or Social Sciences.
This significant financial aid for the education of scholars reduces the cost of tuition from $17,500 to $25,000 on the scholarship of excellence, and $12,000 to $20,000 in the case of fellowships—University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship, according to the annual program.
Students who qualify to receive The University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship will automatically be awarded after enrollment. The scholarship will be directly applied towards their tuition costs. The scholarship for excellence and entrance will grant incoming students the opportunity to receive a four-year grant to cover the cost of tuition at the university.
Its University of Ottawa is a multilingual university of research and education situated in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The main campus is on 42.5 ha (105 acres) within the city’s Downtown Core, adjacent to the residential community in Sandy Hill, adjacent to Ottawa’s Rideau Canal.
The first university was established in 1848 as it was known as the College of Bytown 1848 by the first bishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Ottawa, Joseph-Bruno Guigues. But, under the guidance of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, it was named the College of Ottawa in 1861 and gained the status of a university five years later with the royal charter.
On February 5, 1889, The University of Ottawa was granted an extra-superior chart by Pope Leo XIII, raising the institution to a pontifical one. On July 1, 1965, the university was reorganized into an organization independent of any other outside entity or religious institution. The papal and civil charters were governed by the newly created Saint Paul University, federated with the university. The freshly reorganized university kept the remaining faculties civil.
Additionally, the University of Ottawa is the largest bilingual university that is bilingual around the globe. The university provides a wide array of academic programs run by ten faculties, which comprise the University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine, The University of Ottawa Faculty of Law, the Telfer School of Management, and the University of Ottawa Faculty of Social Sciences.
The co-educational university has more than 35,000 undergraduates and 6,000 postgraduate students. The university has 7700 international students from over 150 nations, representing seventeen percent of the school’s student total.
The University of Ottawa was established on September 26, 1848, in it was formally known as the College of Bytown by the first Roman Catholic bishop of Ottawa, Joseph-Bruno Hugues. The college was administered by those who were the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate. The college was situated within Lower Town, housed in an old wooden structure close to the Notre Dame Cathedral Basilica. However, space soon became a challenge for the college’s administrators, prompting two moves in 1852 before an eventual transfer in 1856. Sandy Hill in 1856.
Table of Contents
Worth of University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship for African Students
The University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship will award incoming students an opportunity to pay for the cost of tuition fees at the university.
Eligibility for University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship for African Students
- Eligible students are all selected to qualify for this award. They will be notified at the time of acceptance. Please note that there is no application required to apply for this award. University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship because applicants will be required to show proof of the citizenship of a nation or territory located in Africa before receiving their initial installments.
- To be eligible to receive the award, You have to be an overseas student and possess an active study permit.
- Citizenship must be from one of the countries of Africa.
- Candidates for admission to the University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship must be admitted to the University of Ottawa in Engineering Civil Engineering; Chemical Engineering, Sociology, and Social Sciences; Anthropology; International Development and Globalization; Conflict Studies; Public Administration, Sciences. The programs include all programs, except an Honors-based BSc program in Biochemistry or BASc with a concentration in Chemical Engineering; Honors BSc in Physics/BASc Electrical Engineering; and Honors B.Sc. for Ophthalmic Medical Technology.
- To be eligible for admission to the University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship, You must be enrolled full-time For access to the scholarship, you need to have an admissions average of 89.99 percent or less once changed into our grade scale. You need to have an admissions average of at least 90% after conversion in our grading system for the Excellence scholarship.
How to Apply for University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship for African Students
The deadline for applications for the award is March 31, 2022.